Tuesday 19 April 2016

The glory of the Lord falling on the streets of London



There is water flowing in dry riverbeds. That which has been divided will be joined. There will be reconciliation. Small fires will join to make a great fire.

I was walking from my house in Brockley to the centre of London on one of my regular routes. I had decided to change my route to pass through Camberwell and Kennington. As I was walking through Peckham this Godfrey Birtill song began to run through my mind.



ARE YOU READY, ready, ready? 
A ring a ding a ding a ding.
Are you ready, ready, ready? 
A ring a ding a ding a ding.
Are you ready, ready, ready? 
A ring a ding a ding a ding 
A ding a ding a ding a ding.
Glory in the kitchen, glory in the hall,
Glory in the living room, dining room and all.
Glory in the bathroom, angels sing,
Glory in the bedroom, sweet sleeping.
Glory in the garage, glory in the lounge,
The glory of the Lord's all over the house.
Glory in the restaurant, glory in the pub,
Glory in prison, glory in the club.
Glory in the shops, glory in the park,
Glory in the bank and the cinema.
Glory in the dentists checking out your teeth.
The glory of the Lord is falling in the streets.
Glory on the bus, glory on the train,
Glory in the car, glory on the plane. 
Glory when I run, glory when I hike,
Glory when I swim, glory on my bike.
Glory going to play, glory going to work.
The glory of the Lord is covering the earth.
I was contemplating the old March for Jesus events when we walked through London with thousands of people praising God on the streets. I was wondering whether it would ever be possible to do so again. As I was walking through Bethwin Rd in Camberwell I saw a picture as though a golden rain* was spreading out on either side of me onto the houses and flats. 

At about that time a friend sent me this prophecy.

"Word for UK and Ireland 15 April 16
Graham Brown
I could see spontaneous combustion, fires just igniting, they started around the middle of the United Kingdom, and yet they were bursting out all over the place, right up and down the land. And I could see spontaneous combustion, spontaneous combustion. And I could see the fire coming together in a conflagration (large extensive fire). I could just see the flames, coming together, coming together in a conflagration. And I could hear praise, and worship, and glory to the Lord. I could hear thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Christians. And I could see the whole of Ireland, not just the North. I could see the whole of Ireland, spontaneous combustion of fires igniting. And many people weeping and coming back to God. And I could see the whole of Ireland on fire. I could see the conflagrations, to the glory of God, to the glory of God. I could hear it, I could hear it, we were breaking through, breaking through. We were there weeping. We had been fighting a battle, and it was Gods battle, He was drawing alongside us, we were in the armour of God. And we were just beginning to come from intercession into worship and into worship. And I could see the spontaneous combustion, up and down, up and down, North, South, East and West, up and down, up and down, up and down the land.
Val Williams
I could see the oil pouring like a river, which was actually causing the fire, it’s the oil. It was a river, I could see like a waterfall, it was just flowing, and it was frothing and flowing, and there was a freedom in it, it was just pouring down."

I texted back to say that I was walking through Peckham, Camberwell and Kennington with the song going through my head. The line that had most relevance was ‘the glory of the Lord is falling in the streets’ and the line kept coming back and back and back to my mind.

Often when the Spirit touches me and I speak out I also cry (its very inconvenient) as I was walking I felt the Spirit come on me, and tears came to my eyes. I could see in my minds eye the glory of God falling on the streets. I was now in the area between Kennington and Vauxhall. I texted my friend to explain what was happening and she began to pray for more of the Spirit to move on me.

I walked through Vauxhall Gardens and onto the bank of the Thames. From there I could see the MI6 and MI5 buildings, I was walking past buildings that are used by the Police and I was close to the buildings used by the National Crime Agency. I could see Parliament in front of me. The Lord said that all of this was irrelevant to what He was doing. A man in a suit carrying a briefcase walked past me and the Lord repeated that the contents of the briefcase were pointless.

As I came closer to Parliament I came to Lambeth Palace, it seemed as if it was in clearer light or clearer air than the buildings surrounding it. I crossed the road intending to go into St Mary’s church bit it was closed for building works. I felt in my spirit as though I was walking in the right direction although I had intended to walk along the South Bank. I carried on south.

I had been thinking earlier about the possibility of doing some kind of praise walk. I had also noticed that my knees and my right foot were hurting. I had thought to myself that if I was going to do something like a praise walk God would need to give me the strength to do it. I got to a street corner and the Spirit told me to turn left. As I did so I caught sight of the name of the street I was now walking down, Hercules Road. It was as though the Spirit was saying ‘you already have the strength.

I came to the end of the road opposite the headquarters of a national Christian organisation that has taken potentially controversial theological positions. The words that came in the Spirit were for them ‘Preach the gospel, preach the salvation of our God’. I stood for a while praying those words and the song in my head changed ‘Come Lord Jesus Come’.

Walking past Waterloo station I walked past some Jehovah’s Witnesses and felt for a few seconds as though I had a wake like a boat that was spreading out and washing over the banks around me. When I texted this to my friend she replied that she had seen golden waves* moving out from where I walked and had felt the vibration of it personally.

I went into a nearby church; my intention was to share what I was seeing. There were a group of musicians in there practicing some modern classical music. The sort that needs lots of different drums, with disjointed rhythms and strange chords, all really just a noise. There was also a lady off to one side with an oboe who was doing something with her reed and was making a noise like a small duck. 

The Spirit was saying your music is discordant to me and brought Isaiah 58 to my mind

1 Shout it aloud, do not hold back.
Raise your voice like a trumpet.
Declare to my people their rebellion
and to the descendants of Jacob their sins.

For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them.

‘Why have we fasted,’ they say, ‘and you have not seen it? 
Why have we humbled ourselves, and you have not noticed?’ “Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers. 

Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. 
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.

Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? 

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; 
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

I stayed to pray in the church for a few minutes. As I was walking away the Spirit said “Its time to clean My House”

I came out on to the bank of the Thames and sat down feeling the Spirit lifting his hand from me. As I got up to finish the walk the Spirit said that there was one more thing that He wanted me to see. 

My eyes fell on a tug pulling a rubbish barge down the Thames towards the sea and at the same time I saw the dome of St Paul’s, in the Spirit the two were connected as though the Lord was saying I am going to take out the rubbish. As I stood watching this there was a sudden strong wind blowing against my back.

Andy

Other posts similar to this
  • Stay alert & be prepared: http://deepuntodeep-joy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/stay-alert-be-prepared.html 
  • Evacuation: be prepared http://providentialjoy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/evacuation-be-prepared.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.